Walther-Bringolf-Square
In the past, the Walther-Bringolf-Platz had no name and was simply called Platz. In 2020, the square was renamed after Schaffhausen's mayor and National Councillor Walther Bringolf.
Previously, Walther-Bringolf-Square had no name and was simply called «Platz» (Square). In 2020, the square was renamed after the major of Schaffhausen and national councilor Walther Bringolf.
On the south side of this square in the Middle Ages was the Franciscan or Barfüsser (barefoot) monastery, which was first mentioned in a document in 1253. Already St. Francis did not wear shoes with his habit.
On the south side of this square in the Middle Ages was the Franciscan or Barfüsser (barefoot) monastery, which was first mentioned in a document in 1253. Already St. Francis did not wear shoes with his habit.
Address
Walther-Bringolf-Platz
8200
Schaffhausen
Schaffhausen
Switzerland
The data is maintained by the tourism destinations in Eastern Switzerland.
Entry updated on: 30.07.26, 17:52
Fehler melden (ID: civ_s9t_hgifjbjc-ggfc-ecqs-isrd-jvbuctqcjcui)
Entry updated on: 30.07.26, 17:52
Fehler melden (ID: civ_s9t_hgifjbjc-ggfc-ecqs-isrd-jvbuctqcjcui)