Rütirain-Kapelle Appenzell
St. Jakob (25 June)
The small, inconspicuous devotional chapel is located not far from the road to Kau, on the right-hand side in front of the railway crossing at Haus Rütirain.
The square chapel of 2.7 x 2.7 m, architecturally insignificant, contains a rural, early Baroque altar from around 1670 with twisted columns and drum capitals. At the top, St. Anne with Mary as a child was added, dating from the third quarter of the 17th century. The main painting "James the Elder" was probably painted over in the 19th century. The carved post-Gothic crucifixion group from the first half of the 17th century is valuable. The chapel is closed.
History
The chapel of St. Jakob im Rütirain was first mentioned in 1630. It was probably donated in the hope of blessing children by the Fuster family, who lived in the house next to it in the 17th century. 1697 First mention of the patronage. The chapel underwent a thorough interior and exterior renovation under Pastor Dr. Anton Wild in 1943. The original design was retained as far as possible. In the meantime, the small chapel has been refreshed several times.
| open | On request, the administrator will be happy to open |
| District | Appenzell |
| Owner | The chapel belongs to the Rütirain property |
| Special features | In the past, processions were held on Jakobi as far as the Jakobs-Kapelle on the Kronberg, later for a few years only as far as the devotional chapel on the Rütirain. |
Address
Entry updated on: 25.08.26, 14:39
Fehler melden (ID: civ_s9t_rqgiqcsj-sfed-etsa-jibh-rehdiiftbccu)