Kapelle St. Martin
The chapel of St. Martin, picturesquely situated on a hill near Oberwangen, dates back to the 10th century. In 1693 the chapel was restored after a lightning strike and in 1730 it was extended by the dome building by Jakob and Johannes Grubenmann.
The chapel is architecturally idiosyncratic and equipped with folksy charm. It blends harmoniously into the pre-Alpine, small-scale landscape. The large, silvery relief of St. Martin, whom farmers ask to protect their cattle, forms the centre of the altar, which is described as a "true peasant Baroque miracle".
The small organ on the gallery by Joseph Hund from Lommis is also worth mentioning. According to experts, the small work is a dream that surprises with its refreshing, room-filling sound.
The small organ on the gallery by Joseph Hund from Lommis is also worth mentioning. According to experts, the small work is a dream that surprises with its refreshing, room-filling sound.
Address
Martinsbergstrasse
8374
Fischingen
The data is maintained by the tourism destinations in Eastern Switzerland.
Entry updated on: 28.04.26, 07:22
Fehler melden (ID: civ_s9t_rhbudcvr-satf-eqcv-qadq-jtiftqjcigve)
Entry updated on: 28.04.26, 07:22
Fehler melden (ID: civ_s9t_rhbudcvr-satf-eqcv-qadq-jtiftqjcigve)