Dreifaltigkeits-Kapelle Rapisau
Trinity (29 May)
Picturesquely situated on the footpath from Rinkenbacher Steg to Rapisau above the Mühleli on a flat meadow of the Wees and Mühleli properties.
Simple rectangular building with a gable roof and two funnel-shaped square windows. On the eternit-protected gable roof sits an open turret under the hexagonal copper helmet with an old bell. In front of the altar there is a high wrought iron grille. Four kneeling benches invite you to pray. The three altarpieces, which depict the Trinity of God, are the work of Adalbert Fässler Jr. The chapel is closed.
History
At the time of the plague, the owner of the Wees made a vow to build a chapel on this site if he and his family were spared from the terrible disease. In 1651, the Trinity Chapel was first mentioned there in a document. The current chapel was built in 1766 a few meters next to the old chapel. On July 20, 1862, the episcopal commissioner Johann Anton Knill blessed the small meadow chapel in the homeland of Anton Hersche. According to the purchase contract of 21 November 1882, the buyer of the home of Wees is obliged to maintain the chapel. In 1966, the Büchler family had the bell, which had a crack, recast. The last renovation took place in 2001, at the same time the three modern altarpieces were installed.
| open | On request, the administrator will be happy to open |
| District | Gonten |
| Owner | The chapel belongs to the Wees property |
Address
Entry updated on: 25.08.26, 20:42
Fehler melden (ID: civ_s9t_agabrvvq-sfgq-eisf-rfju-jsfstqgecjcs)